Crown Property Management Inc. has achieved Fitwel Viral Response Certification for its entire portfolio of owned and managed office properties. With over 7.3M square feet of certified office space, Crown is working diligently to provide peace of mind and a safe building environment to tenants upon their return to the workplace.
“As news of the Omicron Variant spreads while the economy attempts to reopen, it is a pivotal time to ensure we are continuing to take every precaution to ensure the health, safety and peace of mind of our tenants.” says Janbee Monsod, Director, Property Management at Crown.
The Fitwel Viral Response certification highlights Crown’s commitment to creating healthy and resilient office communities that have implemented policies and practices to mitigate the spread of contagious diseases. Crown’s commitment to providing outstanding work environments includes following Fitwel’s framework that accounts for:
- Strategies to limit airborne transmission within buildings including increased ventilation, humidity, and filtration.
- Enhancing policies, processes and communication with our tenants to ensure peace of mind and confidence in our practices.
- Acknowledging that mental health has been an enormous issue during the pandemic, Crown has optimized workplaces to promote feelings of well-being through greenery, access to outdoor spaces, increased indoor air quality and wellness-centric programming.
- Managing the flow and density of occupants in common spaces is critical to keeping everyone safe.
- Increased wellness programming, flexibility in building hours and access and increased communication and innovations like a new tenant-focused mobile app, contactless building access and registration.
About Fitwel and the Center for Active Design
Fitwel is the world’s leading certification system committed to building health for all®. Generated by expert analysis of 5,600+ academic research studies, Fitwel is implementing a vision for a healthier future where all buildings and communities are enhanced to strengthen health and well-being. Fitwel was originally created by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Prevention and U.S. General Services Administration. The CDC remains the research and evaluation partner for Fitwel. The Center for Active Design, a global not-for-profit organization, was selected as the licensed operator of Fitwel, charged with expanding Fitwel to the global market.