Crown Property Management Announces LEED® Certification at 5995 Avebury Road
Jul 21, 2017
Jul 21, 2017
Toronto, ON– (July, 2017) Crown Property Management (“Crown”) has achieved LEED® Gold at 5995 Avebury Road, Mississauga (the “Property”). This prestigious designation distinguishes excellence in design, construction and operation as well as high performance in key areas of human and environmental health.
5995 Avebury Road is a 145,000 square-foot office building in a premier location at Hurontario Road and Highway 401 in the Hurontario submarket. With great signage exposure and a unique floor plan, 5995 Avebury Road is home to Purolator’s Head Office. The property was built in 1989 and has undergone several energy saving initiatives since Crown Property Management began managing the building in 2011 on behalf of the owner, Insurance Company of British Columbia (“ICBC”), including:
• Exterior lighting upgrade to 100,000-hour LED bulbs to decrease energy use;
• High efficiency washroom fixtures pre-set for the lowest levels of water consumption;
• Sensors and sub-meters installed on electrical, water and irrigation systems;
• 5,479 wind, solar and geothermal renewable energy certificates purchased;
• Green cleaning products used for custodial effectiveness;
• Sustainable purchasing during construction and demolition and a partnership with Habitat for Humanity helps to foster the sustainable reuse of building materials;
• Electric vehicle charging stations added
• LED lighting retrofit planned for 2017 to replace all existing fluorescent lighting at the property
“Environmental responsibility is key component of Crown’s approach to property management,” says Les Miller, Managing Partner, Crown Realty Partners. “We are committing to building healthier, more productive workplaces for our tenants which in turn adds value to our portfolio.”
Crown currently has five LEED Certified buildings in its portfolio, servicing over 1M square feet and over 65 tenants.
About Crown Property Management
Founded in 2001, Crown Property Management is an integrated investment and management firm that acquires, manages and develops commercial real estate assets in Canada. Crown applies a hands-on approach to real estate management that delivers both higher performance for investors and a better experience for tenants. With over 8.5 million square feet of assets acquired and billions of dollars of assets under management, Crown has consistently delivered above market returns. For more information, visit www.crownrealtypartners.com.